Is DeWalt the best oscillating multi-tool?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by MrBoy, Aug 10, 2018.

1. MrBoy

MrBoy New Member

I bought a Dremel rotating MT recently after my handyman says his Dreeml is the best tool he owns. I hadn't realised he has the oscillating one and first use of the rotating left me frustrated - I couldn't get it in to make perpendicular cuts because the body was always in the way.

It was like £30 so I'm prepared to write that off and buy something good. I had assumed Dremel was the go-to brand but reading reviews on ScrewFix the Dewalt ones sound really, really good.

I already have some XR kit so I'm also tempted to spend a little more and get the DCS355. It seems like it's almost identical to the corded DWE315, is that right? Same tool-less tool-swap, same accessories compatibility, etc?

I feel like I'm kind of sold on DeWalt especially if I go cordless since I have XR batteries, but would welcome your thoughts. Is there a big reason not to go DW here or is it personal choice at this price-point?

Thanks.

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Think Fein is better.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. MrBoy

MrBoy New Member

Also I see 3 models of the DCS355 on dewalt's site based on accessories. But I also see the DCS255N-XJ online and am not sure the difference to the N?

4. Dam0n

Dam0n Active Member

Nope.

Another vote for fein

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  5. Dam0n

Dam0n Active Member

To be honest the cheepo titan tool is actually pretty good.

I have one as I never wanted to invest heavily in a tool I don't use too often.

When I do use it it's always been more than adequate.

6. MrBoy

MrBoy New Member

Ha, Screwfix don't seem to stock them and I've never heard of the brand - are you guys meaning the FMM350? On my first check on Amazon this was almost 2X the price of the DWE315 so not really the same price point.

7. Magicspark

Magicspark Active Member

The dewalt multi tool is a good bit of kit. Also has quick release so no messing about with a hex key.

8. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Well-Known Member

Recently bought 18v Milwaukee mutitool good bit of kit, I been told screwfix are going to stock Milwaukee as from next month

9. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

AlvyChippy likes this.