Is it acceptable to use a Fernco coupling internally underground

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by baracus, Apr 6, 2018.

1. baracus

baracus Member

Hello,

I need an internal soil pipe moved and the plumber is proposing to make a joint using a Fernco coupling. The connections will eventually be under 100mm concrete then 100mm insulation then 100mm of finished polished concrete.
    Is this type of connection safe and acceptable?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I don't like having any pipe joint under concrete, if it ever failed, you are in the s***.
    Fenco coupling is no difference to a Flexseal coupler & I have a Flexseal coupler under concrete floor of utilty room here,been there 10 years, no problems with it yet, ideally I would have prefer to replace all the clay pipe to other side of outside wall before joing new plastic, but it just wasn't possible.:(

3. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

As above, I wouldn't be happy with any connection under the floor. Is there a way you can take the connection back and out of the room/house?

I understand it could be alot of work but so would having to dig up the floor in case of any issues further down the line...