Is kitchen fitting a trade?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by kitcheneer, Jun 8, 2007.

1. damo

damo New Member

Ill second that chippie244. well done, winding up clarkey boy as been the highlight of this forum. Looks like youve seen him off....

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Ta muchly.

Ditto

3. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

I'm not quite sure how to reply to that. You wouldn't really think there really is people as sad as that.

Seriously, getting enjoyment other the internet. Its just text on a screen from an anonymous source. Really sad.

Surprises me that people like you actually exist, people who get kicks out of an internet forum that you visit everyday.

Well what can you expect from someone as: fickle, uneducated (hence the army job), bigoted as chippie and his little boy friends.

I know what I say will have no effect because any opinion (even with facts backing them) that differs from yours, will never be tolerated let alone absorbed into your thick racist head.

For you to think you're more of a man and have this snobbery inferior attitude is ridiculous. The way you can lower yourself to sad pathetic insults just shows your jealously that at my age you was probably * over the picture in your *** army base. Shame, well not really, since its you.

Another point I should make, I can easily just not return to this forum and not post. Unlike you, because you just know you have to reply back or one of your little rent boys will have to. Thats how me and you are very different, I have a life and you have simply lived your sad life.

Oh well, I'll be the last one smiling knowing :a naive, low self esteem, low life is getting so wound up.

You know it, I know it. You cant stand that I proved you wrong.

Oh well, I win. =) thanks for giving me the satisfaction of knowing I proved you wrong.

Bye bye. Mister lets post on the net to be a big man :)

[Edited by: admin5]

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Oh Clarkey boy.

Are you not sure how to reply to people thinking you are a “sad, pathetic wretch?”

You make much of me being uneducated but you cannot spell, punctuate, understand vocabulary, grammar or string a proper argument together and, forgive me, but don’t you at start at college next month.

When I was your age I was servicing helicopters in Germany not assembling flat pack furniture for pocket money from my dad and I’d left the army whilst you were still swimming around in your daddies ball sack.

Thinking some taffs and kiwis are a bit chippy hardly rates high on anyone’s scale of racism. You stated you hated me on the basis of a couple of posts. You do, however, seem to be displaying a large amount of homophobia. Is this something you need to talk about, perhaps something that happened to you, some unexplained urges…..

You brought up the money and started the insults.

“ Chippie, I think you need to get your head out your **** and open your eyes.

I'm sorry mate but kitchen fitters make a whole lot more money than chippies....”

You have never proved anything other than your ignorance.

Fair plays to you for sticking to your point but you’re still an adolescent *.

5. Greg_Bairstow

Greg_Bairstow New Member

chippie244
    I cannot agree more with you here castigating this lil fool here ,
    You have shown this poor fool too his true colours being homophobic,
    on job site work we joke an mess with everyone, but to be so Anti gays on an internet web forum,
    Just shows this man to be a two faced nasty bully ....

Shame on you Clarky ...
    Admins
    ban this nasty vile creature ??

I am sure your father is so ashamed of your Nasty/snide behaviour too ?
    ask him to answer truthfully ???
    thought so ...;-)

6. FIT-RITE

FIT-RITE New Member

according to my c.s.c.s. card kitchen fitting is a trade

7. devil's adyocate

devil's adyocate New Member

Sorry about the boys drivel .he,s not bin the same since our lass left us for the blokje laying our hall carpet . cos he cant spelk hi thinks carpenters lay carpets.
    His always bin trouble shooting his mouth of. i take him out with me a bit butt it gets upsettin as his not house traaned. I had got the computter on parenrtal control but his little sisterr must have turned it of. i ,ve got too watch him arround her aswell .he likes em young;

8. M3ZI

M3ZI New Member

you know what guys, its a job 4 fak sake. Some people enjoy there work no matter what it is. Calling it a 'trade' whats wrong with it??

If you look in some of the Trade adverts you get 'Kitchen fitters'

9. damo

damo New Member

Sorry about the boys drivel .he,s not bin the same
    since our lass left us for the blokje laying our hall
    carpet . cos he cant spelk hi thinks carpenters lay
    carpets.
    His always bin trouble shooting his mouth of. i take
    him out with me a bit butt it gets upsettin as his
    not house traaned. I had got the computter on
    parenrtal control but his little sisterr must have
    turned it of. i ,ve got too watch him arround her
    aswell .he likes em young;

Yeah, nice son, you must be really proud!!!
    Id of hung the **** if that was mine.

10. loosenup

loosenup Member

damo !! do you really believe that is clarkeys dad.??
    read it again . anyways .. kitchen fitting is a trade as I proved very early on in this topic .
    Irellevant what others may think , if you enjoy you work ( whatever that may be ) and earn a living doing siad work ) then you are professional ( oxford dictionary standard meaning of proffessional ) ( even if i cannot spell it ) therefore .. chippie = trade .. kitchen fier = trade .. so on and so on . Adolescan .. there will always be those .. they are usually called apprentices.. or tea boys . We never stop learning .. those of you who have geeb in the kitchen industry for more than 15 yeas will remember how many radical changes here have been to the product over the years .. from boxes on waqlls to designer furniture for the modern comsumer .. there was a time when a pillaster was never mentioned .. never mind colour co-ordinated carcases. When Eastham Burco was the Dogs ********.. along with Grovewood and Winchmore and English Rose.. oh yeah .. then MFI appeared all went **** up .. And when loads of jobs used to have to be done wih hand ools .. like screwdrivers and block planes .. oooh and a hand saw which you had to sharpen regularly .. with all the new battery tools and power tools he newbies in the trade do not know what hard work is .. never mind craftmanship .. A lot of moderns fitters are stuffed when a power cut arrives . I would liek to see some of todays fitters doing a but and scribe by hand ?? not gonna happen .
    nuff said .
    you cannot learn experience ,, no matter how good you think you are. but you can learn grammar and spelling .. Did not do it myself .. prefer to fit kitchens .
    Phill

11. loosenup

loosenup Member

geeb = been lmao.. told you I dont do spelling

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Is kitchen fitting a trade....No, it's a deviation of a trade!!

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is that deviation or derivative?
    BTW it looks like Clarkey has finally learnt his lesson. ;)

14. dogsbody

dogsbody New Member

I'm dual qualified in both electrical and plumbing, being of the older generation I find it hard to think "fitting" as a trade!

That said I will agree that you really do need to be a jack of all trades to do it and make a good job, I have been fitting kitchens now for over 2 years and its one of the best and most interesting jobs I have done in my 41 years since leaving school.

I only got into it because of the money I could make, I first did new build and that could be done by a trained monkey !!!! Thankfully I now only do specials at the high end of the market which involves a lot of problem solving, and that my friend is the whole point of a trade......

If you want to think of yourself as a true tradesman think of this,

1. Do you manufacture something out of raw materials ?
    [In this case no, its delivered ready made or flat packed!]

2. If your doing electric's, are you at least basically qualified, and I don't mean you just picked it up along the way, your qualifications should stand up in a law court
    [Could you right now walk into say a factory that's at a dead stop because the main breaker has tripped, and find the fault!]

3. As for plumbing, there are bigger pipes than 15 mm you know and that goes for pressures and temperature too.
    [ Answer this... What's the relationship between pressure, temperature and volume? A qualified plumber will tell you ]

4. You work with wood all day,
    [ Could you work out what size beams you need to install on the first floor of a building so the bed wont end up on the ground floor]

I can tile, I can cut wood, I can plaster and lay a few bricks, just because im fairly good at it does not make me expert enough to call me qualified.

You see its like this, I can remove a splinter from my finger, but that doesn't make me a surgeon!!!!!!

Sorry but my answer is no, but heck on the money your making does it matter!!!!!!!

15. Greg_Bairstow

Greg_Bairstow New Member

chippie244
    You spanked that upstarts **** ...
    Well Done!
    pity you didnt do it to some of the sparks fools here ,:) :)

16. rewire

rewire New Member

I can't believe this discussion has gone on for so long.
    Being a tradesman is nothing to be proud of, its all monkey work. You do the job you have been trained to do and get paid.
    Plumbers, joiners, electricians are all basically fitters of some sort you don't actually make anything.
    Electricians run cables and fit consumer units, sockets, switches, lights etc. (monkey with a screwdriver)
    Plumbers run pipes and fit radiators, boilers, toilets, sinks etc. (monkey with a wrench)
    Joiners fit doors, skirting, units and wood together for different purposes.(monkey with a saw)
    None of it is rocket science so get off your high horses.
    Only 28% of sparks pass 2391 inspection and testing the first time and they are the most intelligent of the bunch also the dreaded ACS assessment is multiple choice and you plumbers make a real song and dance about it. What does that say about tradesmen in general.

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm sorry, did you say joiners don't make anything. I'm currently building a theatre set for "A Christmas Carol" and have spent the last two weeks converting £2500 worth of timber into Dickension houses. Site joiners might just hang doors and fit skirting, although I doubt it, but there is a lot more to trades than site work.

18. rewire

rewire New Member

Lets face it joinery is easy.

19. rewire

rewire New Member

Admit it.

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is changing a plug hard?