Is kitchen fitting a trade?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by kitcheneer, Jun 8, 2007.

1. festfool

festfool New Member

calm down folks.
    what kitcheneer is saying about top level work is totaly correct, some of us flat pack monkeys have niceic, corgi and bloody good reputations.
    liking musicians to many trades is a good example of what a tradesman is, a skilled artisan like a artist for instance.
    i for one think that many of my kitchens are works of art and im qualified........so there.

2. Scot F

Scot F Member

That is not what is being said in the original post. Have another read...

No, it isn’t. Why not? Because kitchen fitting, at it’s highest level, is more than a trade, higher than a trade. Tradesmen are people who, because of their low self-esteem, need a piece of paper or a certificate which tells the world, and more importantly, themselves, that they are qualified to do a certain sort of job.
    On the other hand, a kitchen fitter has to have the self confidence, based on his acquired skill, to qualify himself.

3. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

That is not what is being said in the original post.
    Have another read...

No, it isn’t. Why not? Because kitchen fitting,
    at it’s highest level, is more than a trade, higher
    than a trade. Tradesmen are people who, because of
    their low self-esteem, need a piece of paper or a
    certificate which tells the world, and more
    importantly, themselves, that they are qualified to
    do a certain sort of job.
    On the other hand, a kitchen fitter has to have the
    self confidence, based on his acquired skill, to
    qualify himself.

Seems entirely reasonable to me. If you had a bit more self esteem perhaps this thread wouldn't upset you so much.

4. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

to be fair the reason we need that bit of paper is for the people that want to see it before letting us do work.Never used mine dont even know where it is. I guess if there was a qualification in kitchen fitting it would be just as useless as all the other qualifications that we have

5. wklivesvtime

wklivesvtime New Member

sorry fella but electrics is far easier than fitting
    a 25k kitchen correctly.
    right cable size ,correct fusing, correct position,
    proper switching im niceic, if you could fit a top
    quaility kitchen ill eat me hat

:^O Ohh your nicey, bet your good. If any one of you flat pack monkeys thinks being a decent spark is wiring up houses and kitchens (easy and STILL you idiots manage to fek it up) then they have inhaled on cloud of mdf dust too much. To design and run the install of a large private hv network for a industrial estate (which is where most of my experience is) can not be done by ex milkman and does indeed pay more than fitting kitchens not that moneys got anything to do with it, if your paid 100k per year to sit with a D hat on dont make it good does it. Im not here to argue if a qualified spark is of a higher pedigree than a kf, i will die of laughter - you will be telling me decorators are secret brain surgeons next. KF in not a trade it is a monkey pass time. Good JOINERS fir good kitchens as well as building roofs and other stuff a kf flat packer couldnt do.

6. wklivesvtime

wklivesvtime New Member

7. Stretch

Stretch Member

Perhaps if you could post a reply without managing to resort to insults then some of us might take you seriously.

Incidentally, if that's the level of grammar and punctuation you use when you are typing up your quotes I'm surprised you get any work at all.

8. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

http://www.sozo.org/kitchenbrian.jpg

Monkey at work. The old 244 and 5ft level clear in
    view :^O

I had a look at that website Wklivesvtime, interesting, are you a god-botherer too? I had a look at the other photo's on that site, but couldn't work out which one was you.

9. Scot F

Scot F Member

Kitcheneer - you cant even construct a half decent argument or substantiate any of your opinions into fact. Instead you choose to barrage those that dont conform to your views with slander upon thier person. Thats probably why this thread has gone on for so long. Pretty weak wouldnt you say?

10. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

Kitcheneer - you cant even construct a half decent
    argument or substantiate any of your opinions into
    fact. Instead you choose to barrage those that dont
    conform to your views with slander upon thier person.
    Thats probably why this thread has gone on for so
    long. Pretty weak wouldnt you say?

That's quite funny, considering this is how your first post on this subject started

"Quite possibly the biggest pile of self indulgent toss iv heard yet on the forum. "

That's supposed to be a 'half decent argument'?
    I'm happy to argue about anything with anyone, but if you start off like that then you will responded to in like manner.

11. wklivesvtime

wklivesvtime New Member

Perhaps if you could post a reply without managing to
    resort to insults then some of us might take you
    seriously.

Incidentally, if that's the level of grammar and
    punctuation you use when you are typing up your
    quotes I'm surprised you get any work at all.

I aint a spellin champ and me quotes are done by the estimators not me. **** orf the the Oxford english dictionary forum if you want to see excellent gramma and speeling.
    Nor do i want to be taken seriously, i get on with all the kit fitters i work with as i was today, the good old boy even called me in to second fix some akward cupboard sockets before the worktops went on which saved me wriggling in a unit sweating like fek - he did hovever bring the cable through the BACK of the unit, to anyone bothered you cant fix a socket to a bit of flimsy s hit like a carcass back, it has to go on the side so if you bring any cable through the back bring it at the height of the socket where the back meets the side and the spark will come in the side of the socket. Sucking eggs to alot i know.

12. wklivesvtime

wklivesvtime New Member

http://www.sozo.org/kitchenbrian.jpg

Monkey at work. The old 244 and 5ft level clear in
    view :^O

I had a look at that website Wklivesvtime,
    interesting, are you a god-botherer too? I had a look
    at the other photo's on that site, but couldn't work
    out which one was you.

I am the old boy in the pick with the 244. I am a christian warrior who knows no wrong. I bring peace

13. festfool

festfool New Member

your mental

14. marwey

marwey New Member

well...........I'm not sure but it is exactly a good profession. Though one of my friend is has good qualification yet he is in this profession. he is expert for modular kitchen. now he is earning much through that.

15. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos Member

is it a bird.. is it a plane.. no its supertrader..lol get real.

16. starlight tiles

starlight tiles New Member

17. blobthebuilder

blobthebuilder New Member

No, absolutely without a doubt Not A trade!. its measurement and fixing something that joiners/carpenters find easy because thats their basic job.

An additional bit of very basic electrics and plumbing doesnt make it a trade.

There is no recognized qualification because its so basic for a reasonable tradesman or DIY guy to take up.

Its the DIY guys here saying its a trade because they dont have one!

18. blobthebuilder

blobthebuilder New Member

No, absolutely without a doubt Not A trade!. its measurement and fixing something that joiners/carpenters find easy because thats their basic job.

An additional bit of very basic electrics and plumbing doesnt make it a trade.

There is no recognized qualification because its so basic for a reasonable tradesman or DIY guy to take up.

Its the DIY guys here saying its a trade because they dont have one!

19. Way up north

Way up north New Member

Maybe not a trade but a definate skill that not many people have and that includes most joiner's virtually all spark's and definately all plumber's....be happy everyone.

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What do you think?