Is kitchen fitting a trade?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by kitcheneer, Jun 8, 2007.

1. young'en

young'en New Member

depends on what type of kitchen fitter you are tbh, sum bloke that throws b&q ***** in for a quick £ or sumone that works for a bespoke kitchen company doing a good job for good money, as for it being a trade maybe not on paper but i think the "the trades world" see's it as one, most fitters i know are all rounders, electrics plumbing gas tiling joinery plastering,so in a way the decent all rounders are higher skilled then most trades, i dont think theres many sparkies,tilers,plasterers, that can fit a kitchen "properly" and even alot of joiners ive seen fit kitchens are **** tbh, its a different ball game to a "trade" and as for money at the firm i work for in lancs fitters earn on average 1.200 a week and the better fitters get that all year really. rant over

2. loosenup

loosenup Member

***. who cares? If you are earning a living .. and happy with it .. enjoy your work .. whether you be a chippie .. fitter ... sparkey or whatever .. get a life you lot .

3. young'en

young'en New Member

obviously ppl who post on this topic and that must include you for reading it imo

4. lojo

lojo New Member

personaly I think this post is quite fun!

15k kitchen, £250 in materials, built and fitted in one day?

Guess you dont drink much tea and get MDF cheap

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Studies and Bedrooms eh. Carry some boxes into a room and screw them to the wall. Tough job that is. I must bow down at your altar of supertradeness. Rubbish. Kitchen fitters like you are the indoor version of all round builders. Bit of this and a bit of that. Jack of all trades and master of none. I stick to what I know and what I spent time learning. I dont dabble in other things I stick to what I do best. In terms of kitchen fits that I do I simply supply and fit units/tops/cornice etc and get my customers to source other trades themselves. Most of my customers have had kitchens fitted by supertradesmen before and have felt that everything has been done alright but not fantstically. Thats why they get me in to fit the core of their next kitchen because they know I will get my part of the job just right as oppossed to alright. They get other trades in to complete their part of the job just right as well. The end result is a kitchen with everything spot on.

6. duncairn

duncairn New Member

Well said golden buy, there are too many ppl around that will take everything on and will make a cats **** of something

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

How do you make a cats ****?

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Well you start off with a bumptious twit.........

9. lojo

lojo New Member

Today I am going to build some units and fit them, hand paint them, cut a tree down to make some oak wortops, install a new ring for sockets and 1 for appliances, change the lead supply pipe to plastic, plumb in the kitchen, tile the walls and fit some t&g oak flooring(made earlier)

My price £80k, estimated materials £285.65

Want to be home in time for the fall guy

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Clarkey. Something has been niggling me, if your girlfriend is only 17 and you've been going out long enough for Daddy to let you go on holiday together, how old was she when you first poked her. Either she's a bit easy or you have been grooming her. Which is it?

11. lojo

lojo New Member

how did we get from the original question to the chippies last post?

12. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

how did we get from the original question to the
    chippies last post?

Who cares? It's a damned sight more ***** (and more interesting).;)

13. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

Clarkey. Something has been niggling me, if your girlfriend is only 17 and you've been going out long enough for Daddy to let you go on holiday together, how old was she when you first poked her. Either she's a bit easy or you have been grooming her. Which is it?

What I find funny is that you would even care?

I did type up a responce saying how old we both were when we met but I thought. "Why do I need to tell some loser other the internet?"

Pretty lame but up to you if you want an obsession with me I guess.

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I take it she was underage then, go on you can tell us. ;)

15. devil's adyocate

devil's adyocate New Member

I did type up a responce saying how old we both were
    when we met but I thought. "Why do I need to tell
    some loser other the internet?"

What does this mean ?

16. ­

­ New Member

Vervcleverman, I love you........:x

17. devil's adyocate

Vervcleverman, I love you........:x

I love me too......................:x

18. devil's adyocate

All I need is another 2,381 posts and no one will know the difference.

19. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

"I take it she was underage then, go on you can tell us."

You take it? or you would like it to be?

Why do you care so much anyway lol. pretty sad.

Just for the record: Since turning 16 I have never participated in acts of sexual nature with a person under 16. ;)