Is spur OK?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by nakedterry, Sep 4, 2006.

1. nakedterry

nakedterry New Member

I was going to put a doble socket spur off a double socket in my sons room and I assume the circuit is on a ring. I was going to connect via the back of the original socket but I noticed that the ring passed under the floor where I was putting the new one.

I stripped back the insulation on the wire on the circuit without cutting through and put it through a 30A JB and used 2.5T&E for the spur. The cable was sleeved and sunk into the wall up into the box. The JB will be accessible in future and its postion is clearly marked on the floor boards above it.

All I really want to know is, does the work I have done sound OK or does anyone really recommend that I do it properly.

2. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Sounds like a good job

3. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

I stripped back the insulation on the wire on the
    circuit without cutting through and put it through a
    30A JB and used 2.5T&E for the spur. The cable was
    sleeved and sunk into the wall up into the box. The
    JB will be accessible in future and its postion is
    clearly marked on the floor boards above it.

All I really want to know is, does the work I have
    done sound OK or does anyone really recommend that I
    do it properly.

Nice one mate..excellent in fact..nice to see someone using the line tap technique proper..if all people thought like you Part P would never have manifested.

4. nakedterry

nakedterry New Member

Cheers guys. Thats a load off my mind.
    I gathered all the information form various posts on here so I am glad that I understood them correctly.
    Also as my new baby's cot is to be directly beside it I wanted to be very sure.

Thanks again,
    Terry.