Is this patio too high

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Apple Juice, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Apple Juice

Apple Juice New Member

Can anyone say where the DPC is on my rendered house?

I feel like the patio has been laid too high, as it is one brick higher than the path they took out, but the landscapers say it's fine because of where the airbrick is!

I've asked them to stop work until I can get it checked out, but realise I might being a drama queen here :/

Attached Files:

2. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

Can't tell from that one photo, but the airbrick has nothing to do with the DPC. I would expect it to be lower down than the bottom of the step in the bottom right of the picture.

3. Apple Juice

Apple Juice New Member

Thanks, they are offering to dig a trench at the wall for drainage, but I'm disappointed they didn't go further down before laying hardcore

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Where are the other airbricks and at what height?.....photo

5. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

DPC usually same level as floor and that ties in with the path level which is where the patio ought to be. Does it slope away from the wall?

6. Apple Juice

Apple Juice New Member

that's the only airbrick

7. Apple Juice

Apple Juice New Member

it's completley level

8. Apple Juice

Apple Juice New Member

9. Dean Worsell

Dean Worsell Active Member

Is the air brick in a room with a boiler or somewhere somewhere other gas appliances? Or I have seen them where a old brick cold store larder was to bring in cooler air in before people could afford fridges.

It can't be any to do with anything else at that height, plus if the vent is in a kitchen my guess the floor is concrete

rogerk101 and Astramax like this.
  10. Apple Juice

Apple Juice New Member

Yes airbrick is in the larder and the floors are concrete

Dean Worsell likes this.
  11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Definitely a vent not an air brick.

rogerk101 and Apple Juice like this.