Isolation socket and sink distance requirements

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by bday79, Nov 15, 2020.

1. bday79

bday79 New Member

Hello. I am trying to decide where to position my 2 burner induction hob. Either it goes directly in the middle of the oven and therefore 300mm from the isolation socket and 120mm from the sink edge. Or across to the left of the oven and 200mm from the isolation socket and 300mm from sink. My electrician has said that the hob need to be a minimium of 300mm from socket but no distance is specified from the sink.

Attached Files:

2. Dream_Home

Dream_Home Active Member

Personally I would stick with what your sparky is telling you.

At the end of the day he is the one putting his name to it

3. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

No rules , just a suggestion of 300mm. Personally I’d use common sense

4. bday79

bday79 New Member

Thank you both. Common sense tells me to be further away from the sink but now the sparky has said 300mm I feel obliged to comply with him. Stuck in the middle. Ta

5. Centre it on the oven otherwise it'll look wierd.
    Think about it, a hob will be designed to have pans of boiling water spilling onto it. Sink splashes are irrelevant.
    The 300mm "rule" is a myth. As previous posts, common sense is the guide here. Some kitchens are just too small.
    Obviously you don't want sockets, switches and fcu's deluged with washing up water.