Iwish I could say it as well as this cove :-)

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

No it just requires atheism.

2. If you say so.

I mean, you've backed that little glib statement up with just as much evidence as there is for any of your other beliefs :rolleyes: .

Anyways, I'm honoured that you replied to my paraphrased version of that statement rather than responding to the original by - since you love scientists - Steven Weinberg, a Nobel prize-winning physicist.

In fact it's soooo good I think I'll repeat it again; "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Is Ryluer still on here preaching his messages of religious indoctrination? ;);)

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Nope. Just takes atheism.

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Are you seriously suggesting that peeps who believe in God don't do evil, if so your more deluded that you come across.

shauna likes this.
  6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Yes I do. But it seems you don't.
    If evolution were correct, and humans evolved from monkeys, then why are monkeys still around today? There is really no explanation for this, yet this heathen ideal is still taught in our schools.

7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

You only need to look at the middle east. Where blighty and the west keeps sticking its oar in with left wing atheist ideologies.

8. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Same reason there are plenty of breeds of dog but still wolves around you great blooming wally :D
    Go and mate with a female monkey Ry and let's see what pops out emoticon-cartoon-013.gif

9. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I've just read a post of HA back a few pages. My sincere sympathies to you.

10. That level of understand is beyond contempt, Wry.

You aren't a thick person; if you wanted to understand all of this, you could - easily. And if you were simply too thick to understand it, I wouldn't hold you in contempt - I would just sympathise.

Perhaps you are yanking my chain? Please let it be so.

In case you aren't, you should know that the other primates are our 'relatives', not our ancestors. Trace out lineage back far enough and you'll a common ancestor, one shared by what became modern humans, and what became the various apes.

Monkeys are highly evolved animals in themselves - they are almost perfectly suited to their lifestyles just as we are almost perfectly suited to ours. Monkeys will never evolve into humans, tho' given enough time and the right circumstances groups of them could well evolve into far more intelligent and capable species than they currently are.

Trace that lineage back even further - a lot further - and you'll find that the ancestor common to all mammals was small and shrew-like, and had a brain roughly the size of yours.

This is evolution. This is fact. This is indisputable. It fits in perfectly with all the evidence that has been found and researched. There is nothing that has been discovered that contradicts it. Our traceable line of DNA - and how it's shared between all living things - shows we all evolved from a single ancestor.

You choose to remain ignorant of this - and that makes you a fool.

(See all the scientists that you claim are people of religious faith? Well, some may well have a belief in a personal god, but not one of them actually refutes the theory of evolution. If they did, they wouldn't be a scientist.)

11. Y'mean the atheists Bush and Blair?

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Has anyone noticed, thousands of years ago, people worshipped thousands of gods. Nowadays it's just the one god... They're getting very close to the true number now (but not quite there yet) ;);)