Join solvent weld to push fit 50mm?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by harry42, Jul 22, 2019.

1. harry42

harry42 New Member

Looking for some suggestions.

I have an existing 50mm kitchen waste pipe that is solvent welded and currently runs for about 3 meters into a gully.

I'm dropping it down 6 inches to run under a new stone patio and into a new gully - planning to bed it in pea gravel a few inches below the patio. Since I've learnt that solvent weld is not recommended below ground for various reasons I am replacing with push-fit.

My challenge is where it connects through the wall and into the waste inside - I don't really want to remove the solvent weld pipe all the way back inside since I will literally need to remove half my sink unit to get at the connections. If I have to I will but I want to know if there is a way to connect 50mm solvent weld pipe into push-fit somehow? From what I have learnt so far, solvent weld and push-fit pipe are slightly different diameters so it's not straightforward to use a push-fit fitting on solvent weld pipe.

Ideally, I would like to cut into the straight section just below the elbow coming out of the wall (see picture) and join into new push-fit pipe somehow.

Thanks for any advice, jokes, all welcome ... ;)

Attached Files:

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

A 50mm compression coupling will join both pipes but, these plastic compression fittings are rather bulky, ok when as usual, they’re used outta sight (under sink eg)

Don’t think SF stock in 50mm but available for next day delivery I think ?

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select