Joining plasterboard

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by MatMatMat, Dec 20, 2019.

1. MatMatMat

MatMatMat New Member

Hi there, I've plasterboard my loft out, there were some really nasty angles up there, and I may have the odd gap o_Obetween boards,i want to know what is the best way to close the gaps up before I get the plasterer in, doing as much as I can to save some dough. I would presume I'd need to put skrim tape over gaps and fill with some king of filling adhesive, I want to k ow what's the best/strongest. Cheers for any help received

2. jackelliott07

jackelliott07 Active Member

How big are the gaps? Realistically the proper method would be to just re-cut some plasterboard and replace.

However... when i was doing my own hall and i had a couple of gaps, i did mesh and fill with bonding, and it has worked perfectly fine. Not sure how happy a proper plasterer will be though as ultimately he'll be the one presumably guarenteeing the work

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

PVA dry edges then foam. Better not to have gaps

Jord86 likes this.
  4. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Just expanding foam the gaps and cut it back once dry. Once plastered you’d never know about any gap.

CGN likes this.
  5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Wait until the plasterer has seen it.

6. MatMatMat

MatMatMat New Member

Hello mate, they're not too big and the plasterer is a work mate, it'll come with a 10 yard gaurentee ;) cheers for advicr

7. MatMatMat

MatMatMat New Member

They're not too big, just slightly bigger than I would have liked, cheers for advice

8. MatMatMat

MatMatMat New Member

Cheers buddy

9. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

PVA dry edges and fill. Some say there should be a gap