Joist reinforcing for ducting

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Willx921, Mar 27, 2021.

  1. Willx921

    Willx921 New Member

  2. Jord86

    Jord86 Screwfix Select

    There's normally something by Simpson strong-tie, if not you can just make your own from steel or ply gusset plates.
  3. gadget man

    gadget man Screwfix Select

    The blurb says they are available in the UK.
  4. Willx921

    Willx921 New Member

    Thanks. It's more a case of what BC would be happy with.
  5. Willx921

    Willx921 New Member

    Simpson strong-tie doesn't have anything off the shelf that BC would be happy with.
  6. Jord86

    Jord86 Screwfix Select

    Well ask them what they would recommend if they are requesting the impossible. Ply, glue and screws or steel plate has sufficed for decades.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice