Jon Venables

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by G Brown., Mar 6, 2010.

1. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Any adult who thinks it is acceptable to execute a 10 yr old should be ashamed. Those children did a terrible terible thing but the responsibility lies squarely with the people who should have brought them up properly, the start those boys had in life was full of abuse neglect hatred and violence and its not surprising that they behaved the way they did, I know many kids grow up like that and dont do what they did but they are a product of their enviroment not intrinsically evil

2. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

Nope, keep guessing......

Clue: I luv 'em.

3. biasqinc

biasqinc Member

They may be a product of their environment but what they did is evil. I'd say shoot them and be done with it but I'd have a different view if it was me that had to pull the trigger. We can all say bring back hanging, bring back the cane in schools and all sorts of wonderful elixirs from days gone by that would apparently solve the problems that today's society faces. However society still faced all the same problems when those measures were in place. Evil is not new and there will never be any measures that will eradicate it.

Is the debate really about rehabilitation and whether or not everyone deserves a 2nd chance? It appears a 3rd chance is on offer now and it is a big political football with an election looming. "Tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime!" Really Tony???

I don't know the answers but I am convinced that Jamie Bulger's mother does not have the right to infomation that she feels she deserves. Whilst it's impossible not to feel deeply sympathetic to the pain she will live with forever, the victims of crime cannot determine how the justice system works. We all know what she would probably like to do but if she was given the opportunity she would no better than a lynch mob and ironically not vastly different from the two people that caused all her pain in the first instance. It might be for very different reasons and hanging these two sickos might be the answer but let the justice system decide that however flawed it might appear to be.

4. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

Everyone is just carried away by thoughts of death penalties & evil.

It isn't a case of a 3rd chance.

Of course he will be punished, assuming guilt, he will go to an adult jail (for the first time) and stay there a long time - a punishment far in excess of others faced with the same charge as a first offence.

People just don't see any middle ground between 'kill' and 'scot-free', or any difference between a murder by a child and one by a sane intelligent adult.

Goji berries.

5. Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon New Member

Has anyone thought that he may of broken his term of his license by informing people of his real identity, it is a possibility.

6. ­

­ New Member

Yes, he may of done.

7. don reed

don reed New Member

Yes,he may have,then again,he may not of.

8. Itandje

Itandje New Member

perhaps

9. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

Nope, carry on....

10. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

“Chuck, about that age I did something that could have ended in a fatality, it wasn't until years later that the magnitude and stupidity of what I did dawned on me.” - Mr GrimNasty (9/3/10)

“JJ, as you've never met the guy how the hell do you know if he is remorseful or not. I can't remember what I did when I was 10, let alone be held to account for things I did at that age." . - Mr GrimNasty (11/3/10)

Mr GrimNasty in a state of confusion? First he remembers doing something at "about that age" and two days later he says he can't remember what he did when he was 10.

What's your psychiatry for beginners book say about selective memory Mr G? It's quite handy when you're trying to justify your inane theories uh?

:-7

11. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

12. don reed

don reed New Member

:-7 ?????

13. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

Supposed to be a smiley. Pfffttttt.

14. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

"What's your psychiatry for beginners book say about selective memory Mr G? It's quite handy when you're trying to justify your inane theories uh?"

Give him a charnce, he's on the right track ***.

15. don reed

don reed New Member

16. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

Ha ha. - "right track" !!! That is priceless.

17. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

18. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

19. don reed

don reed New Member

20. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member