Just 3 quick questions

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by graham3232, Feb 27, 2006.

1. graham3232

graham3232 New Member

Hi guys, Can someone confirm my 3 points below are correct.

If I run the meter tails from the ouside cabined to the CU under steel capping in the wall, the capping will need a 16mm2 earth bond as used for the main earth.

If all the pipework in the bathroom is plastic, no bonding is required.

You can use a switch rather than a pullcord in room with a basin and toilet only?

2. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

1. If your tails are within zone then you do not need to do anything. If its out of zone or shallower than 50mm then just capping (eve metal) will not do it, you'd need earthed steel conduit.

3. It is not necessary to supplementary bond items of
    metalwork which are supplied by plastic pipes, as such
    metalwork is unlikely to come within the definition of
    an extraneous-conductive-part. Neither is it necessary
    to supplementary bond short lengths of copper pipes
    which are sometimes installed for aesthetic reasons in
    an otherwise plastic system. You still need to bond shaver point to wall heater to power shower etc if they have extraneous conductive parts./ You can use the cpc to achieve the bonding (in the loft eg).

3. If it aint got a shower or a bath then its not a special location so yes u can use a regular switch, install a 13A socket or whatever.

Bazza

3. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

As an FYI, the nice don't like to see plate switches in back kasee's - it was in one of their mags I downloaded the other day.

4. rutspark

rutspark New Member

1. If your tails are within zone then you do not need
    to do anything. If its out of zone or shallower than
    50mm then just capping (eve metal) will not do it,
    you'd need earthed steel conduit.

You can use Armoured cable if you wish (the sheath is earthed)and complies with the requirements for outside the zones etc

5. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

As an FYI, the nice don't like to see plate switches
    in back kasee's - it was in one of their mags I
    downloaded the other day.

Matey, I dont give a flying stuff about Smashy and Nicey and their dictatorial mag. Show me where in the regs its says that a loo with no bath or shower is a special location ..... did you find it? ... no .... so its not a special location.

Bazza

6. tellondon

tellondon New Member

I would like to see that download that says you cant use a plate switch in a WC that doesnt contain a bath or shower, just a hand baisin