KARCHER PRESSURE WASHER--------SCREWDRIVER????

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by snezza30, May 8, 2011.

1. snezza30

snezza30 Member

Hoping someone can help me with this problem.

Just connected up my pressure washer for the first time this year to give the van a wash!!
    When i pull the trigger water is leaking out of the high pressure side of the pump INSIDE THE CASING!!!
    I have had a look and there are about 8 T20 Torx screws that hold the 2 halves of the casings together. 7 of them are normal T20, but 1 of them seems to have a little pin in the middle of the screw head.

I imagine this is a security screw/anti-tamper fixing. I have got a set of Hex drive security bits, but unfortunately the diameter of the hole and the depth of the recess will not allow the bit to fit in.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can get the last screw out , or know where i can get a proper set of screwdrivers that will fit this b l o o d y screw.

Many thanks, Snezza30

2. Death

Death New Member

* sell anti-tamper torx screwdrivers which is exactly what you need, old chap.

Screwfix sell them but they're absolutely*

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

3. snezza30

snezza30 Member

Hi Death, (Never thought i would hear myself utter those words!!!!!!!)

Just had a look at the * site, but couldnt find what i was looking for.

I will try entering a slightly different search.

Snezza30

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

5. snezza30

snezza30 Member

Just found a set in our hosts catalogue, made by Stanley, £28.59p.......!!!!!!!!!!!

I could probably buy a new washer for £100 quid, and i wouldn't have to go through the hassle of fixing the old one. (Even if it can be fixed!!!!)

Snezza30

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Sounds like your Karcher has been left in the garage over winter, during the extremely cold spell we had. If there was any water left in it, this could well have frozen, expanded and cracked the HP side of the pump. :( Could be a replacement is now due Snezza.
    My partners youngest son kept his washing machine in an outhouse. A couple of winter's  ago it froze solid and ruined the pump. New washing machine in the Spring. Then late last year, exactly the same happened again, even though we'd told him to bring it indoors.

7. snezza30

snezza30 Member

OOPPS!!!!!!

You may well be right JJ!!!!

Having said that, I have got central heating in my Workshop, but it was a harsh winter and you are probably right, the frost has "DONE IT IN".

£28 for a set of screwdrivers that i may use only once, does seem a bit excessive (I,m just a poor hairy * kitchen /bathroom fitter ya know)

Snezza30

8. Death

Death New Member

Halfords do a 'back, crack and sack' waxing kit for 99p, if this'll help.

9. snezza30

snezza30 Member

OUCH!!!!

But needs must!!!

I wonder what i should enter as a search on the Halfords website????  Back, Crack and Sack perhaps?

Snezza30.

10. Snezz, can you fire it up with the casing off so's you can trace where the leak is coming from? If it's from the joint, then that can likely be sealed. If it's a crack in the pump casing, then...

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Find a flat screwdriver about the correct width and force it past the little 'pin' in the middle. Keep the pressure on the screwdriver and with luck you can undo it (I have done them myself).

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

12. Death

Death New Member

I suppose it's worth a try, Handrew.

Good call.