Keying into drains and piling

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Matt T, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Matt T

Matt T New Member

Hi there, putting in slot drains and was wondering what is the best way to connect to drain? Can I channel out on part of the piling/foundations so I can connect bottom pipe from slot to main drain? Is that allowed? If so happy days, if not what is the solution?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

Personally I’d use an end fitting. Readily available. Probably an easier solution. Particularly as using the outlet below looks like it might put you way below where you need to be to get a fall to that waste pipe.

Matt T likes this.
  3. Matt T

Matt T New Member

Thank you, what end fitting would work for dek drains? Also how do I cut to size?

4. Truckcab79

Ideally go back to wherever you bought the channel from. They would normally stock it. Or there are ‘universal’ versions. Otherwise Google or EBay will be your friends here. As for cutting to size they’re normally plastic or resin so take your pick. Hacksaw/circ saw/grinder etc. Making your cut at the opposite end to where you’re fitting the end cap would be my preference to ensure a nice finish where it’s most visible, and think about where you’re cutting so don’t do it through a slot etc. Do it so it looks like it’s meant to be. Hope that makes sense. You can often get the end adapters to go into either 110, 40mm or 50mm pipe so again my personal preference would be to go to 40 or 50mm then boss into the waste pipe.

Matt T likes this.
  5. Truckcab79

Sorry. Unless you mean how do you cut end fitting, then you don’t. They just slot or clip on to your last piece then pipe from there as normal with appropriate solvent weld fittings.

Matt T likes this.