Kiab gone ?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by sospan, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

He's finally had enough of reading threads dragged up from 1993 and given up on the forum.

Either that or he's eating ice cream whilst destroying the local eco system with vast amounts of weed killer.

KIAB likes this.
  2. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

Jacob Rees-Mogg is going to ban the Oxford comma. I expect there will capital punishment for using a comma splice.

3. On the plus side of his rules, imperial measurements are to be used.
    On the minus side he has not brought in a rule disbanding the bloated unelected house of lords.

4. robertpstubbs

Personally I think the House of Lords works well as a supervising and moderating body because it’s members do not need to be re-elected.

The Tories will lose my support if they remove Larry from his post.

5. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

That would be the Rod, Perch and Pole then? (note the absence of the Oxford comma)

6. All the same length, 5 1/2 yards.

7. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I knew someone would pick that up! Ok then; the Rod or the Perch or the Pole. ;)

8. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

That would be a backward step in my opinion and make us look as stupid as the yanks. All their medicines and so on are metric, then they have to convert for someone who weighs so many pounds....
    More of the world is metric than imperial and we're not going to affect that if we change. It's just going to add more decades of confusion. Another win for the Daily Express...

andyscotland likes this.
  9. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

That jogged my memory of a lost spacecraft due to a confusion of units. Admit I had to google it to get the details. Mars Orbiter lost in 1999 because a contractor used imperial and NASA used metric; oops.

10. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Anyway ....... where is Kiab ?

Very unusual his sudden disappearance and continued absence

He’s also too polite and non confrontational to have received a ban (or enforced holiday :)) surely ?

Strange one that ...... hope there’s nothing unfortunate happened to the chap ....

11. robertpstubbs

KIAB hasn’t made the most Posts but he has the most Likes, and a 26% Like to Post ratio.

12. WillyEckerslike

The mirrors on the Hubble space telescope had to be realigned because of a conversion error iirc.

13. andyscotland

andyscotland Active Member

Me too. It would also be a backward step for a lot of people (including me) who grew up with metric for most things. I can just about get my head round feet, if I picture it as multiples of a 30cm ruler, a 6 foot person, or a 1200x2400 sheet. And miles obviously - no idea how long a kilometre is. Weights and volumes though I have literally no idea (apart from a fairly small window either side of 14 stone, but only as a theoretical concept since I've never tried to actually lift/carry myself).

Given I'm late 30s, that's a fairly big proportion of the population would struggle to adjust to a world of imperial units. I know older people had to do that the other way, but the point is that's happened now and there's as far as I can see there's really very little good reason to go back bar a sense of nostalgia. Should we also switch back to pre-decimal currency?

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  14. andyscotland

andyscotland Active Member

Also, where is Kiab? He's been very helpful to me. Hope he's ok and just sunning himself somewhere

15. WillyEckerslike

Cue the Daily Express....

16. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I never did like him! :cool:........................................................................:p

17. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Don’t believe ya !!

Just jealousy regarding his googling skills ;)

Is rather strange though innit ?

It’s like he’s simply vanished (from this forum anyway) hopefully not from the ‘ real’ world

18. The amount of his posts that are either, Fantasy, pure fabrication, heard from someone down the pub or he read it on another forum is just something else.
    He should just stick to googling for answers and stop posting porkies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2019
    Hfs likes this.
  19. robertpstubbs

porkies

gadget man likes this.
  20. I have corrected the spelling and punctuation, just incase the punctuation Police arrive too.