Kitchen Cabinet Hanging Rail for 'Floating' TV Unit - Strong Enough?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by dt88, Sep 2, 2021.

1. dt88

dt88 New Member

Hi,

I recently bought a TV cabinet unit (floating wall mounted) from Wayfair - it came from Poland, easy enough to assemble but the mechanism to hang the unit is via a kitchen style wall rail, with the aid of three hanging devices which require tightening to affix the unit to the wall. I believe these are the same as the type used when installing kitchen storage cabinets.

The TV unit weighs about 30KG and I'm cautious about hanging it the cabinet via these three hanging devices, as they don't seem to heavy duty. Are there any alternative ways of hanging a 'floating' cabinet which hasn't been built with an concealed holes for shelf rails?

I was thinking of some heavy duty shelf brackets but they fairly visible when sat in front of the unit.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

My advice would be to use a French cleat. Google it. Ever wonder how those colossal paintings are invisibly held up on the walls of cathedrals, galleries and museums ???

nigel willson likes this.
  3. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

French cleat! I built a floating tv unit, it's probably 30-40kg as all solid wood. Hung with french cleat and it's nice and solid. 2 Small "L" brackets underneath fixed to the wall help to secure it completely (but dont really carry the weight)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nigel willson and Tilt like this.