Kitchen fitters Manchester

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by billathome65, Nov 13, 2018.

1. billathome65

billathome65 Member

Hi guys going to look at a kitchen design on Thursday and if all OK will be looking to order it which means we want a local top notch kitchen installer to fit it ASAP so any fitters looking to quote the job feel free to inbox me.

Cheers Bill

2. If you find a fitter who can fit it asap.... they aint “top notch”

Jord86 likes this.
  3. billathome65

billathome65 Member

Ahhhh right I was not aware that top notch fitters are not available to fit a kitchen in a short time frame. Thanks for that information I will have to cancel the fitter we have waiting as he obviously isn't any good due to him being available in a time span. How long should I wait in order to find a top notch fitter as I wouldn't want to take second best is 8 months long enough?
    On a serious note I'm appalled that you make such a statement I'm sure there are a number of highly skilled fitters who would feel insulted by that unsubstantiated and unhelpful response.

4. jonathanc

jonathanc Active Member

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for lots of people to contribute to the common good of the community. I see that you’ve decided to insult the first person who made a comment. I may suggest that you’ll struggle to get any helpful comments now.

Good luck in getting anyone to do the job if this is how you treat people

5. From purely own experience....21 years in the business.... anyone who is any good won’t be Be to do a good job at the drop of a hat.....I’ve seen the “chancers”... the “I’ll have a go ers” put many many jobs right from those lot.... id say about 12ish weeks is a reasonable time frame for proper tradesman who will do a proper job.... we’re not just dangling from a tree waiting on your call ya know

PedroJoiner likes this.
  6. billathome65

billathome65 Member

Jonathanc I'm not new to the forum just first post on this one,this aint my first rodeo. Please show me the Insult? I questioned a statement I felt was dissingenuos that's all but hey.

Dan I see what your saying I just felt it was a tad unfair to assume that anyone who is available at short notice may not be up to scratch. ( As a customer we all want work done at the drop of the hat, but I have realistic expectations on time.

We actually have two guys who come from a family of chips and have been fitting kitchens for years who came highly recommended. These two guys do lots of work all over the country for companies and domestic customers. They are currently down in London I believe.

We could wait and even pay for the dearest fitters, however that does not guarantee top notch workmenship either. I'm sure you'd accept that?

The kitchen fitters have been out measured up took away the first plans advised some changes so now we have a 4 week wait till delivery. And lets hope they do a top notch job ;)

1 question I do have is we will be putting in a built in single GAS oven and GAS hob, currently we have a freestanding one. as these are two seperate items how do I connect the two to one gas outlet?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  7. Good luck with it, sounds like its all mapped out. As for the gas question, your guys will sort that.

8. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

If you wanted to book us to fit your kitchen, second week of February would be the earliest available slot.......................but you would have to book by this saturday because there are another 3 customers about to book after that.

Dan dan the man likes this.
  9. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

Your guys have been doing it for years so they will have all the answers.

Dan dan the man likes this.
  10. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

The answer to your question is, "you" don't connect anything. What you do do is get a Gas Safe registered installer to do it for you.

11. billathome65

billathome65 Member

Wasn't litteral will get my nephew in. I was just Intrigued I appreciate your advice and guidance though.