Kitchen fitting help

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Andy5253, May 6, 2018.

1. Andy5253

Andy5253 New Member

Hi looking for some help.
    Putting in a new kitchen at one side we are putting in a floor to ceiling larder and fridge/freezer it is in a recess that will house just these the howdens rep suggested we pull the wall out to 600mm counter depth. However we changed the f/f to an american one and is deeper. I can adjust the depth of opening no issue but is there a recommended size so i can get the doors open without fouling.
    RS696N4IB1
    This is the model no it dose have dimensions but not depth needed for hinge opening up thanks for any help first time post so go easy

2. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Active Member

Re-writing this with punctuation will help, so we can read and understand the problem better...
    So will some pictures or sketches.

Regards,
    Cando

3. Andy5253

Andy5253 New Member

Sorry about punctuation i am not the best at that. Even harder when its the first time on forum using a phone rather than laptop. The wall i am altering is the one on the right of fridge freezer its current length is 540mm. Any help would be appreciated

Attached Files:

4. Andy5253

Andy5253 New Member

This is the wall in question

Attached Files:

5. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

As a general rule with American style F/F's, you need about 690mm from the back wall so as to allow both doors to open properly.

6. Andy5253

Andy5253 New Member

Spot on thanks for that. Would it protrude to much at standard depth of 600 ?

7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

Yes it would, about 90mm. It has to because all these types of F/F's doors have to open outside of there own width. If they didn't you wouldn't be able to pull a freezer draw or any other draw out.

Andy5253 likes this.
  8. Andy5253

Andy5253 New Member

Pics of actual wall

Attached Files: