Kitchen Fitting Training

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by palavaman, Nov 27, 2012.

1. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Hello kitchen fitters, my name is palavaman.
    I am an all round DIYer, trouble is I am having difficulty with fitting kitchens? So far, I have had an attempt at one and have been thrown out on the other
    My question,
    - is there a place where I can go and learn how to fit kitchens?
    - How long will it take?
    - How much will it cost?
    I have not had any work in the past THREE months and am desperate for work.
    Thanks for helping me get into the Kitchen Trade.

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Palavaboy is brave and bold
    he allways does as he is told
    he can plumb and wire and paint and fit
    and at tesco's store, he cleans the ****,

he's my pal we're best of friends
    we go drinking at weekends
    but be warned,he's afisherman with hooks
    and nowhere as thick as he looks,

well he could't be really, could he

3. G Brown

G Brown New Member

I dunno....

4. palavaman

Well, I need to get my hands into a lotta pies. That way, my options are open.
    What would happen if a Tesco customer complained that I had not cleaned the toilets properly, like? I'd get the sack instantly. If I am 'multi talented' (fftttt), I'll not cry over it but just move onto my next 'skill'.

Give a man a FISH, and he will eat it & come asking for more. Give him a BOAT (well, canoe), and he will catch his own fish & leave you alone.
    I do not want to keep living off the state. I want to earn my way in life. To do this, I see the only way foward is 2b multi 'talented'.
    Plz help me. I am not afraid of spending money to help me learn if it puts bread on the table.
    Have spent over £25K doing a Micki-Mouse (fast track) plumbing course, so I reckon another £1,500 to train as kitchen fitted wont break the bank.

5. G Brown

G Brown New Member

I have just been admiring your last kitchen:

[​IMG]

Could have been worse! 

6. palavaman

Did you have to post that on here?
    You are trying to restrict my chances if getting work, WHY

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Its nice to see you have the grain all going the same way Palavaman....

8. palavaman

I am trying C'ptn  But it dont seem 2b working

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Palava, kitchen fitting is dead easy. Put the units in plumb and level. Screw em together.Drop the worktop on. Jobs a good un. ;)

10. palavaman

may be so joiner but what if it is say an L shape?
    How do I mitre (or summat) it to fit sugly where the L joins are    I dont want to do a budge job.

11. Max09

Max09 New Member

Really nice talking about kitchen fitting training and also really nice above comments, guys, i also want to say something about kitchen fitting training, Kitchen Suitable classes can help you acquire enough knowledge and expertise to get career or set up a business. There are many different Kitchen Suitable programs that can help you become a professional in this field from extreme industry specific programs to educate you essential skills to hands on classes in woodworking and Kitchen Suitable...

kitchen equipment brisbane

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Palava, if it's an L shape, I'm assuming your talking about the worktops?? If so, you need a worktop jig, a half inch router and a 50mm long worktop cutter. Follow the instructions that come with the worktop jig and Bob's yer uncle. (you might also think about buying a Festool TS55 Plunge Saw and rail, and a nice jigsaw (not the sort from Oxfam shops either)  for making sink and hob cut outs. ;)

13. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Extreme?