Kitchen order of finishing off

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by kiteboy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. kiteboy

kiteboy Member

[​IMG]
    Hi all

Been stuck over christmas with the kitchen install - Howdens cabinets are now all in and plumbing ready to go / waste and water in place

The only thing I haven't done is put the island curved corner posts on and the side panels to the island....this is because I will have to cut those to size and allow for a tile and adhesive which for me is a tiny bit of guess work - so Ive held off doing it for now

Oh and we couldnt tile before the kitchen went in as we cant move here so the cabinets had to go in

We are waiting on quartz worktop - not ordered yet though

What would you recommend doing next???..... Get the worktop people in to do their thing - then once they are done then tile afterwards - then put on the corner posts and panels

But im guessing the worktop people would want a completed island before they template up things??

Any recommendations would be great - just need a final push on

Thanks al

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Tile floor, complete the island with end panels and posts, get work tops fitted, tile splashbacks or fit upstands.

3. kiteboy

kiteboy Member

Yeh thats what I was thinking to be honest too - mainly because if the island isnt quite straight there can be a bit of a budge here and there - if the worktop goes on before we tile will be stuck moving that anywhere

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

No No No No, dont under any circumstances tile the floor before the worktops are are fitted. Until you have actually fitted all the curves and posts on the Island in the first place there is no way the worktop peeps can be accurate. You really need to be deadly accurate with an island for it to look right. Don't skimp, do it properly.

5. kiteboy

kiteboy Member

If the corner posts and end panels on island are fitted after the tiling - ill then be able to cut those more accurately - if not id be cutting them and guessing the thickness of the tile and adhesive

Once they were on and fixed then Id get the worktop people out all ready for templating - is that not the best method??? - you can see why im on hold here - been going over this quite a bit lol

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

In that case, you are fitting a kitchen in the wrong way in the first place. Fit it all, then leave the worktop peeps to do the job. Leave the floor until after....................unless of course you have laid the floor before hand ?