Kitchen Peninsula Design

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Daniel Finn, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Daniel Finn

Daniel Finn New Member

Hi,

Starting to fit my kitchen soon. Part of design is a peninsula which will have just a dishwasher and washing machine underneath, then breakfast bar on other side.

Just trying to think of design.

My plan is to fit end panels behind, at the end and also between the 2 appliances which will all be fixed to each other with brackets and to floor/ worktop. Would this work or do I need any additional framework to support?

Another question is should I run flooring below this section to make easier to remove appliances? These are integrated. Flooring is engineered oak?

Cheers,

Dan

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Well-Known Member

As this peninsula will be just end panels joined together with worktop on top, I'd lay the floor first. Typically for a kitchen I'd install the carcass first, then lay floor, then add end panels but that approach won't work here.

Fixing end panels together is fine, once all screwed together it should be quite rigid but trick will be getting everything square.

Are the dishwasher and w/m integrated or slot in/under?

3. Daniel Finn

Daniel Finn New Member

Hi yeh thought floor might be needed first, I was planning to fit the floor under the peninsula section only (not under the base units against walls, I assume as long as the legs are set to allow for the floor height difference then I should get away with it?Appliances are integrated.

Thanks

4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Well-Known Member

Yep, floor goes on after base units, then plinths and end panels etc so adjust the leg height accordingly. You won't see a small gap above the plinth and its a pain having to cut a slither off the plinths.