Kitchen Tap

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Coops666, Sep 23, 2021.

  1. pppmacca43

    pppmacca43 Screwfix Select

    Yes I’ve been a plumber for twenty years it’s not a nut there will be a brass nut on a piece of threaded rod that pinches up the silver piece
    John the plumber31 likes this.
  2. pppmacca43

    pppmacca43 Screwfix Select

    Yeah I would tbf, like I say I don’t use it very often but it can get u out of a lot of trouble sometimes
  3. dcox

    dcox Screwfix Select

    Just treated myself - £115 with the discount.
  4. WillyEckerslike

    WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

    Yeah. Exactly what I did.
  5. DaveF

    DaveF Active Member

    I didn't read the rest of the posts so sorry if I am repeating others. Underneath those felixible pipes in the second picture there is a threaded bar that attaches to the tap. On that fits a brass long nut that holds everything in place. You need a box spanner to fit it. You will have to disconnect the flexible pipes and push them out the way to access it. I will tell you the size of the box spanner you need but unfortunately manufacturers use different sizes. At a guess it's usually an M8 so you need around that sort of size for a spanner.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice