Kitchen wall unit heights

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Alex 5GT, Jun 12, 2019 at 1:03 PM.

1. Alex 5GT

Alex 5GT New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hello, I need some guidance if possible. I have fitted a couple of kitchens before but not tall units. First off I’m struggling with finding a solution to a problem that I’ve probably created. I have a tall fridge unit, a cabinet in between and then will create a boiler cupboard from another tall unit. I wanted to keep the top line of the cupboards the same but the fridge unit is 70:30 so the top door is 1319mm and falls just below worktop level to match the base unit doors. The door for the boiler I have is 1319mm and will have to be above worktop so how do I get round this? Or what is the best compromise?

Second issue is at the other end I have an 85mm gap at the end of my units after a 600mm drawer unit. It’s a bigger gap than I anticipated and I’d like to swap the drawers for a 500mm and 150mm wine rack but I’ve gone past the return period on units as I went away after delivery! Has anybody got a creative solution of what I can do with the gap rather than put fillers all over the place or shall I just buy new units and put the loss down to being a rank amateur? Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 1:10 PM
  2. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

Always worth asking the question especially as it would be a swap not a return. If it come to buying a new 500 base ot replace the 600 - negotiate, say 50% off and they can have the 600 back

3. Alex 5GT

Alex 5GT New Member

Thanks for the reply. It’s with benchmarx and they were reasonable up to now so I will give it a try.

4. Alex 5GT

Alex 5GT New Member

They did swap the unit for me so that’s sorted cheers.

5. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

Always worth asking ... and that must be a beer or three you owe me!