Kitchen walls

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Ozzy, Mar 17, 2004.

  1. Ozzy

    Ozzy New Member

    I am about to replace a kitchen in my very old house but I need to frame and sheet the walls before I can start. What height should the dwangs be for fixing the wall units to or is there a better way to do it?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. Tangoman

    Tangoman Well-Known Member

    Just done the same myself. If you have a large larder cupboard or fridge-freezer then the level of the top of your wall cupboards will be set by this. Otherwise it's down to you. Your kitchen supplier's will have details of the top height of any tall cupboard, plus the height of the wall units from which you can work it out. DOn't forget though if your floor slopes you need to allow for this.

    Wouldn't worry about the floor units, any fixings for these will not be weight bearing so the plasterboard should support.

  3. Ozzy

    Ozzy New Member

    Thanks for that. The floor should be OK as I need to replace before I start on the walls. Cheers.

Share This Page