Kitchen Worktop Install Job

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Martin.Stone, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Martin.Stone

Martin.Stone Member

Hi
    I hope you guys don’t mind me posting here. I have a kitchen worktop on 3 sides, 2 metre plain into 3 meter piece with cooker hob cut out, onto 2 meter piece with sink cut out. I posted this job on one of these find a tradesmen sites but have had zero response. Would any of you be able to give me a guide price to do this? I want them all joined properly of course. I am not asking for a quote just an idea before I open it up to ransom people on Facebook groups. Thanks guys

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

As long as the job is just fitting the tops and doing the cutouts, that is not fitting the hob and sink ?...........................£350 depending on where you are in the uk, if more than 20 miles from me then the price goes up.

seen it all before likes this.
  3. Martin.Stone

Martin.Stone Member

Thanks mate, I think the hob going in is easy, the sink I would struggle with but could find someone to help. Is £350 a days work? I had no idea how much it would be but thought a lot less than that, might have to rethink

4. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

You could get it cheaper, I charged 250 for the same thing last week.
    We all have different rates...

Martin.Stone likes this.
  5. Martin.Stone

Martin.Stone Member

Thanks, yeah I appreciate prices do vary. It’s a ball park figure so that if some says £150 I’ll have him and if he says £500 he can look for some other jobs

6. kitfit1

Yes, it's a days work. Your right, dropping the hob in is easy........but more cost if it's gas and you want it connected £120. If all the connection points are already installed spot on for a sink, then fitting the sink and connecting it would be another £80.

That's what i would charge. You could more than likely get a mate of a mate from down the pub to do it at 1/4 of the price......................just don't come back on here with the sob story result though.

RolandK and chippie244 like this.
  7. Martin.Stone

Martin.Stone Member

Fully understand HaHa the Mrs would kill me if I got this wrong, we are on a tight budget though. Just replacing all cupboard doors at £550 the worktops at roughly £300 for laminate one plus labour then tiles... I haven’t started asking about tilers rates yet

8. chippie244

You pay for the design as well as the fitting.

9. Martin.Stone

Martin.Stone Member

What on a worktop?

10. kitfit1

Most tilers around my area charge between £30/£40 a square Mtr.

11. Martin.Stone

Martin.Stone Member

Now that would be good as it’s only about 4sq m in total. Just the worktop I’m going to struggle with

12. chippie244

No, kitfit does this all the time so his rate includes this, he isn't going to drop his rate.

13. Martin.Stone

Martin.Stone Member

Well one quote for £390 and one for £150.... very strange

14. goldenboy

goldenboy Well-Known Member

£150 for all that work? I would be very dubious.

kitfit1 likes this.
  15. kitfit1

So, you did get a quote from a mate of mate down the pub then :D

16. barbaricduck

barbaricduck Member

I would be charging £400 plus around £20 for peripheral items such as the router bit, bolts, sealants etc. That would include gas, plumbing and electrics as needed. Only slight additions would be if the kitchen waste needed repositioning through the outside wall or if isolators and connection units were needed for electrical appliances.
    That price would be based on me (registered spark) and a GasSafe plumber doing a full day.
    If I had another small job I could drop onto at 4pm then it might be a bit cheaper.