lack of normal freeview channels on new freesat box

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Larry123, May 7, 2010.

1. Larry123

Larry123 Member

hi was wondering if anyone can help
    just set up my freesat box got all the freesat channels lovely, little dissopointed to discover half the freeview channels are missing ie sky3, sky sports news, dave, virgin1, 4music etc.
    now on the box you can look for channels using the frequency in mhz only thing is its like tryin to find a needle in a haystack tryin to find the frequency to the right channels you want can anyone help me find the frequncey to the missing freeview channels? im in the southwest on the mendip transmitter i belive!

2. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Freesat / Freeview?

Which is it!?!

Freesat - comes from a satellite in the sky, via a dish on your wall - doesn't matter if you are in Wales, Somerset, Devon, Scotland or even France.

Freeview - comes from your local transmitter.......

I am asusming freesat......try here, or google ;)

http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/extra_secret_frequencies_channelssky.php

3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Hi

Freesat has different channels to Freeview. Some channels on Freesat will also be available on Freeview and vice versa, but not all are available on both. Currently only Freesat provides HD but Freeview is also introducing HD, it depends on the quality of your aerial whether you will be able to receive it.

:)

4. Larry123

Larry123 Member

sorry lectrition about my bleakness i meen freesat. i understand what your sayin and than
    thanks both for your help
    regards larry