Laminate Floor

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Clinchy, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Clinchy

Clinchy Member

Hey people,

I want to lay laminate flooring through my hallway and kitchen but the floor is unlevel, the transition between the hallway and kitchen is about 10mm, the hallway is parquet and the kitchen will be concrete. The other issue I have is where I've knocked the extension through the floor is about 20mm higher.

I don't know if its best to pull the parquet up and try and lower the extension floor?

Cheers, Luke.

Attached Files:

2. Neil1987

Neil1987 Member

Seams an awful lot of hassle to keep it all flat. to get it all right u need 10 mm higher floor in hall and 20mm higher in kitchen couldn't you just lift parquet in hall and threshold into extension and save so much time and money

3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Always knock through before screeding/levelling floors.

Jord86 and KIAB like this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Lifting parquet is a messy job with all that bitumen that needs clearing before a new finish is laid.

5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Ply the low areas, self levelling compound to take out dips and feather out bumps.

6. Clinchy

Clinchy Member

I think I will pull the parquet up and drop the floor in the extension to match the kitchen. Before I skip the parquet is it worth anything as someone told me it might be?

The parquet seems to pull up pretty easy, whats going to be the best way to remove any bitumen left?