Laser level DIY Red or Green

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by CraigMcK, Nov 23, 2021.

1. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

So as the title says. I’m thinking about a laser level. I’m doing up the bathrooms and thinking it would help

so the question is for a DIYer Red or pay the extra for Green?

im hoping for a Black Friday deal

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

red is fine.

3. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

And on that basis the DeWalt DW088 is on offer at our hosts for silly money at the moment. £90 I think.

4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

That’s the one I was looking at, then saw the link to the green version :)

5. JimTiler

JimTiler Active Member

Red will be fine for bathrooms.

6. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

Pretty sure the DW088 Red is what I have, its fine. Works a treat.

7. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Thanks all, So an interesting update. Amazon are selling the Bosch Pro GLL 2-10 Green for £97, does that change the suggestions away from the Dewalt Red at £90

8. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

The thing is people would have needed to have used both to give you an honest/accurate assessment of how to spend your money. Everyone I know who has the red DeWalt really rates it. I have both red (Leica) and green (Stabila) and they're fine. I use the Stabila most because that fits in my tool case and the Leica is carried as a spare should something happen to the Stabila.
    I don't use them outdoors - I have a rotary laser and receiver for that.

9. JimTiler

JimTiler Active Member

It all depends on what you intend to use it for, if you need it for large and bright areas then the green will be better but if it’s for internal areas like kitchens and bathrooms then the red will suit you just fine.
    I use Imex 3DR which is red and it does everything I need it to, but then again it’s not £90.

WillyEckerslike likes this.