Laser or spirit

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Trog, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Trog

Trog New Member

Are you a laser level man or a spirit level man. I'm thinking of buying a laser level and was wondering if it's really worth it. Ok it's quick to get a line round the wall but you still need a spirit level to level front to back. I'm in two minds on this one. In the event of being convinced can you recommend a decent one. I've been toying with getting a DeWalt 087K.

Regards

2. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 New Member

A laser is one of those things you use once on the job then put it away until the next time. You don't strictly need one, but they do make the job a bit easier. And they do give you confidence that you've got the inital layout spot on.

3. evo nut

evo nut New Member

Hi Trog,

I have the 087K and find it very accurate.

I only use it for setting out around the room for a datum etc...

I still use my levels for front back and everything else you use them for, straight edge!

as the poster above said it does give you confidence in the intial set out and once thats done it goes back into the van.

hope that helps;-)

evo nut

4. mof

mof Member

I have found mine very useful for fencing having made a very long fence down my garden, they are great for lining up the posts and obviusly for leveling the posts.

5. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter New Member

Use my laser all day long, very useful, (but still do final check with spirit level).

6. wraggster

wraggster New Member

7. I'm old fashioned, tried a cheap laser some years ago, couldn't get on with it.

Got a set of Stabila levels 200mm upto 2m, can't beat them.

8. !!

!! Active Member

I use both, they have different uses, I also use a water level

9. bhwoodcraft

bhwoodcraft Member

I use the laser every time.....initially to set out a datum, but then to mark of the corners and ping with a chalk line. Then do same for wall bracket height using the old tape for height. Shooty in after that.