Latest Oil Price Surge 'could Add 20p' At The Pumps Within Weeks

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by boris the blade, Jul 5, 2008.

1. boris the blade

boris the blade New Member

Motorists are facing further pain after a new warning that the latest surge in crude oil prices to record highs could add another 20p to a litre at the pumps within weeks.

The forecast, from the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) came as new figures showed car sales wilting in the face of sky high fuel prices and collapsing consumer confidence.

Fuel prices set yet another record today at the pumps, rising to an average of 119p for unleaded petrol and 132.4p for diesel, according to the IAM Motoring Trust, which monitors pump prices daily.

Technical director Tim Shallcross said that the surge in oil prices in recent days to fresh records above $146 a barrel had yet to feed through to the pumps.

"If crude prices stay around their current level, we could well see another 20p on a litre over the coming month," he said.

But he added that petrol retailers had not passed on the full cost of the 100% rise in crude prices over the 12 months to the end of June. If they had, he said, unleaded would already be at 140p a litre on average and diesel 150p, with further rises to come.

2. Major Mal Funxion

Major Mal Funxion New Member

We is just gonna have to face the music i'm afraid. The government are using it to thin us out on the roads, and although i kinda feel that's not such a bad thing, They should find other ways of doing it. Like making public transport safer and more affordable.

3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Would be happy to see diesel and petrol at over £5 a liter.
    Bring it on. :)

4. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Has anyone else noticed that local authorities are downgrading their respective urban/rural speed limits?
    40's reduced to 30's and the 30 signs being moved further outwards in each direction?
    No more need for an accident 'Black spot' to justify these alterations/reductions.
    They simply want to ferk up the traffic flows in their respective areas.

Has anyone also noticed that these speed limit reductions have not been driven by the Driving Standards Agency?, But by local LAs?

Is this a national '-Back-Door' Green Policy on the part of LAs?

Or is it more sinister?
    Turn up the volume and have a listen.

Here is an online video presentation by a guy who has been doing some serious digging.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=187314750971510938

It's nearly 2 hours long, so should pass the afternoon nicely!
    Forget any personal political & anti-EU slants for the moment and try to view it objectively.
    This thing is much much bigger.
    I would recommend that you dismiss the first 2 introductory speakers and wait until the ex-Royal Navy guy begins to speak. He knows what he's talking about.
    Regardless of personal political standpoints, I think that we should be alarmed that a so-called 'Charity' (which Common Purpose purports to be) is spending tax-payers money on things that we have no knowledge of?

So, is our country being purposefully ferked-up by those who should know better?

Be worried.

TT

5. !!

!! Active Member

I'm getting a horse & cart but I imagine they will put fuel duty on bales of hay and insist I have my mull MOT'd

6. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

T'Trician says: Forget any personal political & anti-EU slants for the moment and try to view it objectively.

ad infinitum.

My, the guy's a comical genius <<wipes tears from eyes>>