Latest ploy to extract money from us!

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by seneca2, Feb 11, 2010.

1. seneca2

seneca2 New Member

Answered my mobile, greeted by, "hello Dave (as if he's known me for years)this is Jim from the publicity office of the armed forces", my reply, "no thanks".

2. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

hello Dave

3. madmaz

madmaz New Member

Had one before from the police magazine !! talking as though he has known me all my life until i said no then he slammed the phone down lol

4. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

HELLO DAVE - you're my wife nooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww!

5. markespark

markespark Member

had a company contact me years ago, 'would i advertise in a book in aid of some childrens charity' me being green said, might do - can you send me some info, i received some artwork (total rubish) never got back in touch with them.................... next thing i received a letter from a debt collection agency demanding £60, i simply said - show me my signature stating i ordered it & i will pay, i never heard any more!

6. Mr GrimNasty

So they sent the boys around and poked out your eardrums?

7. lowwatts

lowwatts New Member

i had similar experiences years ago, company claiming to be pfa media, (police fire ambulance media) claim to be doing a diary/ wallplanner to go out to all homes in your area. or local army publicity office doing a charity wall planner/ diary, would you sponsor us. all a giant flamin rip off.

8. oscar21

oscar21 New Member

And one thing is common time and time again, they all have a scouse accent. I mean the filth are the lowest of the low but even they wont employ a scouser.

9. spark113

spark113 New Member

Books for schools is another good one!

10. Mr GrimNasty

Yeah, like schools need books - how stoopid do they think we are!

11. lowwatts

lowwatts New Member

i got the child like ms publisher artwork through, then invoice, then debt collection company, i called them and said i never authorised the adverts/ sponsorship, they said they have a recording of me agreeing to it. when they played the tape you can tell its all been altered, they will get you to answer yes to some question like, are you the person in charge of agreeing advertising/ are you a sole trader etc. in the end i just called trading standards, then the next time they called told them that trading standards were involved, any further contact and i would go to the police and get them done for harrassment. trading standards told me there are many companys on the fylde coast around blackpool, they basically target people that advertise in yellow pages-bt etc, tend to call when they think your gonna be busy with other things on your mind etc.

12. Jake'sDad

Jake'sDad New Member

i had the police publication on the phone once and when i told the guy i wasn't interested he got the right hump, called me a time waste and said he would 'let the boys back at the station know all about me'

13. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Since I have stopped advertising in Yellow Pages and local rags I don't get pestered by these scam agents anymore. Yellow Pages attracted more enquiries from other advertisers than I got from customers and the Police abd Fire Associatin was the most frequent. Aggressive little sod he was too. Race to put the phone down mostly. Said he was going to get his mate from the fire service to call me once. I was bricking it all day.