laying concrete resin shower tray

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Bobie, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Bobie

Bobie New Member

what preparations do I need prior to laying a concrete resign shower tray.
    The current concrete floor is uneven.
    Any advice and guidance will be most appreciated.

2. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

I would start with the manufacturers installation instructions. You might get various suggestions, but doing it the way the manufacturer suggests is the only way to do it to protect your guarantee

3. Bobie

Bobie New Member

Thank you!!

[​IMG]

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

What are your plans regarding shower trap and waste pipe seeing as you’ve got concrete floor ?

Is tray going down onto concrete floor or using a riser kit / timber frame / etc

5. Bobie

Bobie New Member

I"ve purchased a slim shower trap and chizelled out part of concrete floor to take trap and waste pipe .
    its a bungalow so had to drop waste pipe a few degrees to accommodate a good flow .
    I think the tray will be going onto concrete floor, but the floor is uneven and wanted to know what fix to lay.
    Is it sand and cement, then a floor leveller.
    what mix do I use to secure shower tray to the concrete . Is it sealant or mortar or tile adhesive ?
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Manufacture's instructions have been lost.

6. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

If it was me, I'd put the whole tray on a plinth or riser kit. Burying a trap so it has no access always seems a bad idea to me. However, if this is what you are doing, have a look online for the tray's instructions. I've used sand/cement mix before.

7. Bobie

Bobie New Member

Thank you for that advice, I have bought an extra thin, ( slimmest you can buy ) trap, which is going into the top left hand corner of the tray adjacent
    to the, very near, outlet pipe. It seems I need to build a box on top of the connecting trap andto gain access for maintenence, then tile over it.