Laying foundations for an extension - cost?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by mrmicro, Oct 9, 2012.

1. mrmicro

mrmicro New Member

Hi,

Can you please help and advise me what a rough cost would be for laying foundations for an extension/conservatory - 3.0m x 3.0m.

Thanks in advance,
    mrmicro

2. mrmicro

mrmicro New Member

Hello all... 55 views and no replies? :-( help please...

Thanks

3. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Your question is too vague to warrant a sensible answer without seeing the site.

4. Clarity

Clarity New Member

Depends entirely on ground conditions mr, as G says, too many variables.

5. mrmicro

mrmicro New Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm v.new to this and dont understand variables? its a new build house, 2010 and brick.

if you can tell me what you need to know, i may be able to provide more information?

thanks
    mrmicro

6. G Brown

G Brown New Member

A site needs to be visited in order to prepare a quote. Get some local builders to pop round. Soil, drainage, elevation, rainwater, the house all need to be taken into account.....and different parts of the country work on different rates anyway....the old north south divide ;)

7. wb1627

wb1627 New Member

Down south I've recently dug my own foundations for a 4m x 4m extension. Hire of digger, removal of soil (3 times what you dig out in volume!!), concrete readymix and oversite including DPM, insulation etc cost me approximately £1500. I had to dig down and have 1m footings 600mm wide. Gives you an idea, but all projects, as stated above, depend on so many variables.

8. mrmicro

mrmicro New Member

G Brown,

Thanks for the advised again. I'll be getting in some local builders as suggested, i just wanted a round figure for what it has cost someone before. whats the border line for the divide? Birmingham?

9. Clarity

Clarity New Member

Can you get in touch with the original builders, find out type of soil, pipe/cable layout, original foundation construction, all helpful.

10. flecky

flecky New Member

mate need to have a look on site like they are sayin .

11. flecky

flecky New Member

yes what he needs pilelling