Laying kitchen floor tiles

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Allan 0789, May 6, 2018.

1. Allan 0789

Allan 0789 Member

I have porcelain floor tiles 558 X 558 which I need laying in the kitchen I have been quoted £50 a square meters are up of 1600 X 2700 square and the door passage 1mtr X 1600 I am told this is 10 sq MTRS at a cost of £450 including grout

He know advised the he needs to fit an underlay over an wooden pipe work duct in a t shape measuring 3700 long and 300 wide at a cost of £130 approx making the cost totally to £580.

To date he has. Tiled 3.5 square meters of ceramic wall tiles at the cost of £160

Does all the above sound right as the cost is being paid for by a third party being the kitchen fitter. Thanks

2. Jimmycloutnail

Jimmycloutnail Screwfix Select

What is the floor construction. At the moment and what’s its condition? Large format tiles have to have a very good surface to lay on, £50 per meter Is the going rate for porcelain floor tiles plus the preparation of the sub floor

The measurements you gave do not add up to 10m/2 the come to just under 6m/2