Laying sheet vinyl in bathroom

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Foetuschild, Nov 24, 2021 at 9:56 PM.

1. Foetuschild

Foetuschild New Member

When it comes to laying sheet vinyl on concrete. The subfloor seem relatively flat and smooth so I’m intending to lay double sided mesh carpet tape around the perimeter of the room. I fear that if the vinyl doesn’t lay dead flat against the floor that it will click underfoot.
    Would I be able to lay strips of the same double sided tape across the floor to alleviate this?
    TIA

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Use self levelling compound to get the concrete flat and smooth

3. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

you can secure the vinyl with spray adhesive to it stays in place

4. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

Or proper vinyl adhesive.............the whole lot. I believe spray contact adhesive is common practice now for a lot of installers tho.

5. Foetuschild

Foetuschild New Member

Thanks for your replies and help. Ive had mixed results in self levelling compound so trying to avoid that route. Also trying to do it on a tight budget as it’s only a revamp and not a whole refit. Will no doubt tile the floor when I do eventually refit.
    Will get a few extra tins of spray adhesive and try and cover as much of the floor as possible with that. Thanks again