Lead Acid (VRLA) how long before one says it's US?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by MGW, Jun 9, 2018.

1. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

I gave it a load test, the voltage dropped more than it should of, around 4 amp load showing 11 volt, however it continued to run for the whole half hour on test without the voltage dropping further. So if used in the wheel chair it was originally in then it would be useless, but for less demanding duties it would work well.

I was recharged again at 0.8A for around an hour and a half, the pulsed for a time between 0.1A and 0.8A and is now charging at 0.1A. Being honest as it is now, likely the 7 Ah batteries I have would do better, so as a commercial project the battery would be binned, but I had never realised how a sulphated battery recovered, I had always thought a bit at a time, never expected nothing for 3 months, then suddenly it would spring back to life.

2. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

Well I left it on charge [​IMG] I expected it to finally switch off as charging was complete, which happened around 10 - 11 September 2018 (the preceding graph showed a rise and fall as it started charging and completed) after being connected to a charger since early August, however the flat line until October 3rd as can be seen did not go to zero, but the charge rate went up again, I will guess the last cell in battery has decided to charge? What is shown is the average, in real terms the charge rate is 0.1 amp and the voltage is dropping until 12.8 volt is reached, then the charge rate changes to 0.8A and the voltage raises until 14.4 volt is reached, then back to 0.1 amp charge rate, but the refresh rate of energy monitor is too slow to show this. I never expected this second bout of activity.