Lead flashing advice please

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Stig 1970, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Stig 1970

Stig 1970 New Member

Employed a builder to build an extension. He was working to architect plans. The plans show that the new build was to have stepped beadwork and cavity trays. Instead the builder stihl sawed the facing brick and tucked in the lead and siliconed it. 2 years later I have a water leak. Silicone seemed to have moved. Builder is offering to re bead the silicone but has no intention of stepping the lead. Building control passed the work but never even got up on the roof to inspect. Was thinking of having the work done properly by another builder and claiming my costs back, using the plans. Any advice would be appreciated re the position of BC and the original builder. Do I have a case or can they ignore the plans and was there work acceptable

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Active Member

Since it was signed off and it's two years later i very much doubt you will have a valid claim.
    The fact the builder is willing to reseal it is a good sign and shows some honour on his behalf, take him up on his offer pointing out that you expect it to be a permanent job this time using proper lead flashing mastic.