Leak near the back door

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by MARIA_UK, Apr 2, 2024.

1. MARIA_UK

MARIA_UK New Member

I noticed that when it rains a lot there is some water near the door. I put silicone on the plastic step but the water is still coming in. It's more wet on the left where is highlighted. Any ideas please? Cheers

Attached Files:

2. xednim

xednim Screwfix Select

can you add one more picture showing bottom part of the frame when the door are open - top view

3. BuildingMad

BuildingMad Screwfix Select

The rain would be entering around the door black seal, which is normal & expected; It then runs into the channel under the door panel & out through holes under the actual door. Currently it appears to be blocked there somewhere.
    When that is remedied It then runs into the frame channel under the door & out through the two slots under the frame rubber.
    It then runs out between the frame & the sill.
    However your silicone has blocked that particular passageway & it needs removing.

Mark DM and Alan22 like this.
  4. BuildingMad

BuildingMad Screwfix Select

On the other hand it could be getting blown back under the sill in driving rain if the bed is breaking up.

5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

That corner seems to be lacking silicone down the brickwork sealing it completely and the one brick looks to have been replaced at some point but poorly. Ground level is too high realistically too.

LearnMore likes this.
  6. MARIA_UK

MARIA_UK New Member

Thank you all for your help.
    Here are more photos. There is concrete under the laminated floor. The floor was levelled a year ago before it was laminated. I didn't notice any leaking before.

Attached Files:

7. MARIA_UK

MARIA_UK New Member

I added the silicone after I had leaking, but yes, I think it is blocked, I've just poured some water and is going under the floor. Thanks

8. xednim

xednim Screwfix Select

door frame and external cill shouldn't been sealed, this is where the water from overflow holes should be drained away