Leak on boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Rodduz, Dec 2, 2019 at 6:06 PM.

1. Rodduz

Rodduz New Member

Hi,
    Got a leak on my boiler, a glowworm betacom 24c. Anyone have an experience with these?

Have had a F75 fault a couple of times in the past which is the pressure sensor but if I've bled the attic rad the fault goes away.

Leak is coming from the pressure sensor, have had it taken off PTFE put on it and seemed to stop it but still had fault code. Bled the rad, code went away but started leaking.

Will replacing the sensor do the trick?

Have video of the leak but won't upload on here for some reason

2. kiaora

kiaora Well-Known Member

hi
    its not safe to play with a boiler if you don't know what you are doing,
    some things leak by design to avoid going bang !

get somone who knows whats happening

good luck
    peter

3. Rodduz

Rodduz New Member

Haven't touched it. My mate who's a plumber did it earlier but as it's still leaking he said see if I can find out anyone who knows glowworms first before buying a new part as he not familiar with them

4. kiaora

kiaora Well-Known Member

hi
    i thought the pressure sensor was an o ring seal ?

can't put ptfe on that

good luck
    peter

5. njjea

njjea New Member

We had that issue BG changed the sensor & then the pump. Does the pump sound healthy ? We have their service contact so it was covered. Winter is genre and every house we lived in boilers only tended to play up when it’s cold

6. Rodduz

Rodduz New Member

Apparently it's a diverter valve or something, just ordered a new one. We shall see ..

7. Rodduz

Rodduz New Member

Erm I think it sounds healthy yes or sounds like it always has done. Won't be getting a GW worm again.