Leak on waste pipe..

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by dp124, Apr 21, 2018.

1. dp124

dp124 New Member

Hi,

I have a waste pipe which connects to the soil pipe under the floor boards. The pipe is push fit lose and leaking as the rubber seal inside has worn.

Problem is I cant get a seal that fully seals the joint. The waste is 40mm goes into the down pipe which is made by Terrain and has a large rubber seal. The seals sold at screwfix or toolstation do not seal the joint. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dp

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  3. dp124

dp124 New Member

Thanks.

The only 40mm polypipe fittings I can find on ebay all have a narrow rubber seal inside them. The worn out seal needed is around 8mm thick with two ridges on it. Cant find a replacement seal.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Polypipe uses the name Terrain in it's soil and waste fittings,but things like boss couplers,the seals seem to be slightly changed compared to the old ones, as you have found.

One othe way is to cap off exsisting boss & use a new strap on boss located slightly further down the stack pipe.

5. dp124

dp124 New Member

Thanks for your advice. Not a lot of room but was beginning to think that might be the only way.
    Cheers

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Post a photo.:)

If you go for a new strap boss, use the one with the bolt for securing,(from competitor) not the plastic clip version.

upload_2018-4-21_17-32-4.jpeg

just pumps likes this.
  7. dp124

dp124 New Member

Thanks

8. dp124

dp124 New Member

Thanks, looked at that site but missed that page.
    Cheers..