Leaking Mixer Tap

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by MTBucket, Feb 10, 2008.

1. MTBucket

MTBucket New Member

Hi Chaps

I have a problem with a leaking mixer spout - it is leaking from the base.

I have tried to take it apart but can only lift the spout out so far but not all the way. It exposes the o ring which to be fair looks in good nick.

I tried cleaning it and replacing which solved the problem for a short while but the leak came back.

Any clues - there is no grub screw on it either.

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Turn the spout to one side or the other, there will be a spring loaded ball and a corresponding cut out, it will then lift out. You need new O rings but they are not a standard size - they vary from each manufacturer.

3. MTBucket

MTBucket New Member

Thanks I will give that a go

4. roc27

roc27 New Member

you may find it hard o replace the o rings,when I worked at plumbcenter many moons ago we had no end of people come in clutching a mixer tap spout hoping we had the o rings to solve their problem,even though we had a box full of different sizes,they most times out of ten didnt fit,then you ask if they know the manufacturer,and most times out of ten they didnt know,more than likely you will have to replace the tap.