Led batten wiring...different to what I’m used to!

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Not Too Sure, Oct 31, 2019.

1. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Yep fair comment Robert
    Not sure why I said ‘easiest way’

Agreed, easiest way would be a 20mm holesaw

I think it was as I used this method last w end as swapped over a couple of fluorescent battens for LED fittings for a mate of mine

Cable entry point didn’t line up with new fittings so pilot hole, stepdrill, 20mm grommet

Main reason as I haven’t got a 20mm holesaw !

Got point though

2. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

Step and cone drills are superb for enlarging holes, for example an imperial conduit hole in an old box up to metric or making a 20 into a 25.

3. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

I might have a spare for you.

image.jpg

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Ha ha indeed, looks like you’ve got a few 20mm spares ..... and then some ! Good quality brand as well

I’ve got a couple of holesaw sets and different size arbours for pipes, downlights, etc, but nothing as small as 20mm - I’m diy and simply not had the need so far

Picked up a step drill set from Aldi some years ago and it cuts metal and plastic brilliantly, that’s what I’ve used when I’ve cut pattress boxes and such like for cable entry

Did look at the Bosch Predator holesaws, they seem good quality as well but so far, couple of cheapie sets have been ok ..... but then I’m not using them every day