LED lights and Cockerals

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by bright_Spark, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Ind spark

Ind spark Screwfix Select

I hadn't thought of that.

2. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

We did a Viking River Cruise last year for our silver wedding anniversay, Blue Danube. Absolutely fantastic service can thoroughly recommend them

bright_Spark and Ind spark like this.
  3. bright_Spark

bright_Spark Screwfix Select

Thats why I am so succesfull. Actually I may do a post about my success as a lot of people always comment on how on earth did I get so high up and enjoy the finer things in life when I am just a spark. It could be a good insight for the younger sparks and I could be a good inspiration for them.

Ind spark likes this.
  4. Ind spark

No kids allowed, doesn't suit me just yet unfortunately :mad:

Bazza-spark likes this.
  5. bright_Spark

River cruises are becoming very popular at the moment, a bit like me they are very much in vogue.

Bazza-spark likes this.
  6. Bazza-spark

The beauty of retirement :p

Ind spark likes this.
  7. bright_Spark

Its funny because I always say I cant wait to retire but then I think, is my lifestyle going to drop and how do you survive. I have very expensive tastes and a wife that is a fair bit younger than me so I would be sat twiddling my thumbs on my own.

Ind spark likes this.
  8. Ind spark

With the cockerels you mean,

9. bright_Spark

They might have to go mate. I cant see myself putting up with the racket all day and night

Ind spark likes this.
  10. Bazza-spark

My lifestyle is better.

My personal pensions kicked in first, then last September my state pension, so I am reducing the drawdown from one of my personal ones.

My financial advisor keeps telling me to switch it off, saying I am in a good position and don't need it, and that it will run out in 5 years.

TBH I'm not sure I will survive 5 years, but hey, if I do I would rather me have the money than die and they get it.

I love chilling out, not having to get up at stupid o'clock, not having to answer to anybody other than SWMBO.

House paid for, cars paid for, we owe nothing so have very little stress other than her cancer which is being controlled by Velindre Cancer hospital.

Loving life. :)

Sparkielev likes this.
  11. bright_Spark

All sounds idilic mate. Except for the cancer bit of course. I am just uncertain it is for me at the moment. I enjoy my work and to some extent enjoy being top dog there but there is a yearning in me that says life has more to offer.

Bazza-spark likes this.
  12. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I took the Mrs on a cruise but I wasn't happy that she could only row for about a mile

13. Bazza-spark

When summer arrives and you are up at stupid o'clock, in work, sweating like a good one, I will get up when I'm ready. If we fancy a drive to the beach, we will. If we fancy a beer in the garden with family, we will.

I know my preference.

Work will survive without you, and you're a long time dead.

14. bright_Spark

That is very true and a good outlook. One of the curses of being so great is that you feel you have to go on. Its difficult to put into words but it is actually a bit of a burden.

Ind spark and Bazza-spark like this.
  15. Bazza-spark

Ask yourself 1 major question.

If you drop dead will the business go under or survive?

They may miss you for a couple of weeks, but they survived before you went there and will continue after your gone. None of us are indispensible.

You're important to you and your family, but an employee to them.

Think about it before dismissing it.

We only got statutory sick pay so didn't take sick leave unless we had to, had to book holidays etc. None of that now. Get paid whatever.

One very happy bunny.

16. bright_Spark

Depressing but true

Ind spark, Sparkielev and Bazza-spark like this.
  17. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

If I stopped work I would go stir crazy I like being busy keeping active, if I stopped now my body would give up I know plenty of guys who have retired and 6months later they are being buried, I'm glad you are happy and enjoying retirement but it's not for everyone

18. Bazza-spark

True, but it is what you make it.

I have cucumber plants and tomato plants growing from seed on the kitchen windowsill ready to move to the greenhouse when temperatures improve (not that I'm a great gardener).

Looking after the wife takes up time too.

I'm in the early stages of something not nice where I run out of breath just putting the bins out, let alone anything strenuous.

It just suits us to the ground.

Edit: I did 46 years in the trade so I think I have done my bit.

19. Bazza-spark

And I know the difference between cockerels and chickens :eek::eek::p:p:D

bright_Spark likes this.
  20. bright_Spark

Bet you had to gooogle it though. I doubt anyone would have known that