LED mirror problem

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by James86, Apr 7, 2021.

1. James86

James86 New Member

Hello all,

The LED mirror in one of the en suites is switched on and off by touching the “button” on the face of the mirror. Has worked perfectly until today. The missus went to turn it off and instead of going out the light stays on but is dimmer. Is it an issue with the sensor? Funny thing is it only has an off or on option. It’s not one where if you tap it a few times the light gets incrementally brighter.

any suggestions for a fix or is a new mirror in order?

thanks in advance.

2. Iian

Iian New Member

Replacement switches are available if the mirror is in, otherwise, good condition. Should have an isolating switch somewhere so you can take it apart safely and identify switch type and search online.

3. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

First try switching off power to the mirror for about a minute then back on. If that doesn't solve the issue, then either the switch module or power supply may have failed. Do you have a multimeter and how competent are you with electrics?

4. James86

James86 New Member

Hi, thanks for the replies. I’ve tried knocking of and on the power to the mirror which didn’t fix the issue. The mirror also has an anti fog function too I’m wondering if that could be the issue? Teki I have a multi meter and I’m ok with electrics but know my limits, I.e small DIY jobs, changing light fixings, sockets etc

5. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Firstly check the DC voltage on the output of the internal power supply.

6. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

First check the AC power supply to the whole enchilada.

7. James86

James86 New Member

Will do Teki not at home at the moment but I’ll do it later on and post up