Legend Fire power flue no green light, no gas

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by JamesN, Sep 8, 2018.

1. JamesN

JamesN New Member

Hi all, just purchased a house with a legend fire. Turn on the fan and air is being pulled. Pilot sparks but won’t light, no green gas light next to the fan switch. When it worked the green light was on. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Gas turned on at meter.

3. JamesN

JamesN New Member

Yes was working yesterday.

4. kiaora

kiaora Well-Known Member

hi
    don't play around with it,
    get it checked out, by engineer.

can be dangerous !

regards
    peter

5. JamesN

JamesN New Member

I was looking for advice on potential causes such as APS or common / intermittent faults on the power flue. Power flues aren’t the most efficient fires and parts seem to be obsolete. But if you don’t know about legend fires and power flues I would rather you didn’t respond. Don’t play with it isn’t very helpful. Parts are clean so I suspect either an APS or board issue but I would value opinions.

6. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Well-Known Member

Their will be a flap in the airflow to the flue that is lifted by the air being moved by the fan, check to see if this has stuck closed. Probably be located in the fan box outside.

7. JamesN

JamesN New Member

Will do thanks for the advice. I’ll feedback tomorrow cheers

8. kiaora

kiaora Well-Known Member

That’s me told off then!
    It’s just I don’t like that type of fire, that’s all..
    Some people have died using that type of fire. When the proving sw failed..

9. is the gas meter pre payment or smart meter

10. JamesN

JamesN New Member

Telling off brilliant, Not my intention. The fire must be getting to me .

Gas is on mains supply. It was working for about 5 nights but then the gas green light wouldn’t come on when I turned the power flue on. We are semi rural so will check the box on the wall but it’s screwed and siliconed to the wall so a trip to the shop first.

Don’t mind cleaning or an easy fuse swap etc. But won’t play with settings or gas.

Legend suggested 3 sharp blows near the pilot?

Gas engineer has suggested the board on the power flue control box which is obsolete? New fire recommended. He didn’t check anything else.

Thanks chaps

11. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

New fire, the best & safest idea you have had.:)