Lining a sectional garage

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by MrA, Mar 24, 2019.

1. MrA

MrA Member

I recently bought and had installed a sectional concrete garage that I will use as a workshop. It has an insulated door and roof so I only need to insulate the walls. The cost of lining clips was scandalous so I spent sometime Googling alternatives and there doesn't seem to be much out there, so in the spirit of attempting to give something back after I got some good advice from this forum here is what I have done.

I used eye bolts, photo one shows how I just used a washer and nut to fix to the bolts already used in the garage, a few gentle taps with a mallet had the squared up to the wall.
    20190324_144023.jpg

Then I offered up the timber below the eye bolts and drew down two lines with a square and drilled a hole at the mid point countersunk the hole, placed the timber into bolts, bolted (with washers) and cut flush.
    20190324_144030.jpg 20190324_144035.jpg

Then it was a case of insulating and covering with a vapour barrier.

20190324_144040.jpg

After the walls is the floor which I haven't decided on yet as tiles are expensive and rubber matting might not be durable enough. (Fishing for suggestions).

bobsdad1 likes this.
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Could look at interlocking workshop floor pvc tiles, very hard wearing.

3. MrA

MrA Member

I have and the cost is much greater than I'd like to pay and I worry that buying cheapos would be a false economy, I'm hoping for a first hand recommendation.

4. stuffys

stuffys Member

Thanks MrA for info on the eye bolts idea. Insulating the garage is on the ever growing list. What did you do with the floor in the end?

5. MrA

MrA Member

I battened and used chipboard flooring. Cheap and durable so far