Lining up cabinet hinge

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Sincity, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Sincity

Sincity Member

Is the best way to line up a concealed hinge is to put the door in the right place then use a mini spirit level (on top of hinge) then mark where the part in unit goes? Screenshot_20200801-111017_Gallery.jpg

2. Shytot

Shytot Active Member

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. Sincity

Sincity Member

4. Shytot

Shytot Active Member

Don’t know . For 4 quid it’s worth a shot

5. Dan Parkinson

Dan Parkinson Active Member

That jig works on all 110 degree hinges. Which most are. Can't confirm any more than that

Sincity and WillyEckerslike like this.
  6. Kevin Adams

Kevin Adams New Member

Do a mock-up on some scrap material of the same thicknesses - then make your own jig - it will save you a few quid and you'll know it is exactly right. Mark centres of hinge and plate, square across as your point of reference.

7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I’ve got the above jig (£2.50 on Amazon) and another one that centres the Forstner bit for drilling the hinge cup

Once you get the hang of using them, massive time saver compared to measuring with a rule and pencil ! (And depending on eye sight,,,, better accuracy)

Sincity likes this.
  8. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

That jig is dual purpose - hinge plates on the carcass one way round and 26mm or 35mm cup centres on the door using it the other way round. The triangle cutouts on the little returns are the reference points.
    It only works for overlay doors though.

Sincity likes this.
  9. Sincity

Sincity Member

10. Sincity

Sincity Member

11. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

12. Sincity

Sincity Member

13. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Oh right, just from your link it showed a different jig
    Like I said, loads of different ones available but I wouldn't know what useful and whats not - never used one before

Have built cupboards before and fitted concealed hinges but measured and marked with a ruler and pencil - accurate but time consuming

Haven't used the jig yet so cant comment on its use and no instructions supplied
    As ever, look on YouTube for a tutorial - I'm sure there's one there (and that's what I will do prior to using it - upcoming project)

14. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

15. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

jig is reversible

one side is for hinge back plate, other side hinge cup centre mark - both 26 and 35mm hinges

simplicity