Lintel advice

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by smithybora, Aug 16, 2009.

  1. smithybora

    smithybora New Member

    HI Guys.

    Quick question.

    What lintels can i use for a single brick work.

    All i have seen are for a cavity wall.

  2. N. Green

    N. Green New Member

    You could use a "L" shaped lintel. (similar to an angle iron)

    Should be available from any builders merchants.
  3. smithybora

    smithybora New Member

    Thanks for the advice.

    Also just remembered google. Something came up called a

    Leaf Lintel. Think its like an L shape or either one that looks like a U shape. If i got that right.

  4. hallbeck

    hallbeck New Member

    Or if the bricks are being rendered/plastered - use a concrete lintel.
  5. paddyodoors

    paddyodoors New Member

    how about using an arch
  6. ecm

    ecm New Member

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice